My coaching philosophy is based on learning how to gain a new perspective when faced with an emerging challenge or entrenched issue.
If we hold a prism in the light, a display of shapes and colors appears. If we then shift the prism, even slightly, suddenly a new array of shapes and colors appears. I am committed to a coaching relationship that supports you to explore how you will shift the prism to produce a new array of possible solutions.
The following services can be included in your Coaching Package. Please click to view a description of each service.
One-on-one Coaching Sessions
As the coach, I will both support and challenge you during our coaching relationship. Specifically, I will:
- Be committed to your learning
- Adapt my resources and tools to meet your needs and interests
- Ensure you are heard and understood during our sessions
- Be a trusted advisor who will challenge your old beliefs and help inspire new ones
- Search for and deliver additional resources tailored to your evolving needs
- Track overall progress on your development plan
- Assign homework including self-observation exercises, journal assignments and reading for you to complete between our sessions. These assignments will be jointly discussed and adapted to fit within the demands of your schedule.
360-degree Feedback Interviews
- I will conduct a series of interviews with people who report to you and to whom you report. In a confidential setting, I will ask them questions pertinent to your personal aspirations and overall team goals.
- I will ask follow-up questions when verbal or physical cues indicate a deeper issue may exist.
- I will synthesize the results of these interviews into an overall assessment of your strengths and areas for improvement.
- We will then weave these findings into your overall development plan to ensure you are aligned with the vision and goals of your team and your organization.
- Following the close of our coaching relationship, I will return to your organization 6-9 months later to perform another round of 360-degree Feedback Interviews to determine how your colleagues now perceive you and evaluate the progress you have made.
- StrengthFinders 2.0 Survey©
- ESCI Learning Styles©
- DiSC Assessment Survey©
- TruValues Assessment Test©
- Wheel of Life Exercise
- Management Competencies Wheel
- Future Self Exercise
- 5 Saboteurs Survey©
Observed Leadership Meeting
Recommended Reading List
Additional Services (no charge)
- Prior to launching our coaching relationship, we can have an initial phone conversation to confirm our compatibility and whether coaching would be useful for you.
- Throughout our coaching relationship, I will provide unlimited e-mail support to respond to urgent needs or short questions.
- At the end of our time together, I will create a Summary of Accomplishments reflecting all you have achieved.
The Giving Ten Program: Supporting Nonprofit Organizations
Open Circle Coaching believes strongly in supporting the nonprofit sector. Therefore, I will donate 1 hour of coaching to the nonprofit organization of your choice for every 10 hours of contracted coaching. To increase the impact on your nonprofit organization, you may pool your donated hours with friends or other colleagues who are receiving coaching from me. I believe the transformational power of coaching can pay large dividends to the greater good by supporting the people who serve in the nonprofit sector.